Leslie Delp, MA, is the Founder & Bereavement Specialist at Olivia's House in York, PA, a grief and loss center for children and families. Leslie said at the forum "When you leave blanks for children, they make stuff up- and it's not always good." That's why Olivia's House is there to support parents in being honest with their children. She added, "Our job at Olivia's House is to provide support for parents- and to encourage them to provide their kids with opportunities for questions."
To Leslie and her team at Olivia’s House, a child doesn’t need to be fixed, they need to be supported. Learn more from Leslie in the video below, or click here to watch her entire presentation given at "I'm Here With You: Understanding Children & Grief," a special community forum addressing myths, fears, and questions related to children's grief.
Olivia's House is an organization of caregiving professionals and volunteers committed to supporting grieving children. Its purpose is to facilitate healing through grief and loss education.
830 S. George Street
York, PA 17403
Do you have any questions related to children and grief? Please leave a comment below and we'll find the answer for you.
- Click here to learn about children and grief from Emilio Parga, MA, the founder and executive director of the Solace Tree in Reno, NV.
- Check out more from "I'm Here With You: A forum on understanding children and grief"
- Watch a video about Olivia's House
- Watch a video of Leslie talking about "Giving the gift of goodbye"
- Learn about "The Confessional" at Olivia's House in this video