Dr. Amir Tabatabai with WellSpan Health talks with Radio Smart Talk host, Scott LaMar, about diet, nutrition, obesity and how they're linked to cancer risk. He also talks about how a healthy lifestyle after cancer can help prevent a cancer recurrence.
And, Monday, November 14 is World Diabetes Day. It is a time to raise awareness of a disease that affects some 23 million people nationwide. Diet is a significant factor in the onset of diabetes. Too many Americans eat unhealthy foods and make matters worse by not exercising. It's one of the reasons the country has an obesity epidemic. PinnacleHealth's Dr. Renu Josi, a specialist in endocrinology and metabolism, discusses the warning signs of diabetes, and how to prevent the disease.
Studies have shown that diabetes can increase the risk of certain cancers, so it's important to understand how diet and nutrition can play a role in preventing these diseases.
LISTEN TO PROGRAM:
More ways to stay healthy and reduce cancer risk:
- For more on healthy living, explore the Healthy Lifestyle section of this website
- Some tips on what foods to eat for cancer prevention from a wellness expert
- Here are 4 lifestyle choices that will reduce your cancer risk
- A new weapon against cancer? The food and cancer connection.
- Prevention is the best medicine
- Can I control my cancer risk?